Friday, November 6, 2009

Is this bad?

So, I admit, we gave back our dog yesterday. That's not the worst part. We didn't say anything to Jack because we didn't want it to be hard for him while at school. BUT, he still hasn't either noticed or just not said anything about Maisy's absence. AND, we still haven't mentioned anything to him about her being gone. The sick and twisted part of me wants to wait to see how long it takes before he says anything, but what if it's days or even weeks, do we just say, oh ya, we got rid of her weeks ago? Crazy. I suppose if he doesn't mention anything for that long he probably won't, until he sees a picture or someone says something. Then I am hosed. Seriously and totally hosed.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Since he didn't notice until Sunday, I think he will get over it in time! Besides, having his birthday coming up gives him something else to think about. At least you didn't have to wait too long for him to discover she was gone, but then, if it took 3 days, he must not really miss her too much! Don't beat yourself up!

Sara Kane said...

Listen, Jack's a smart kid. He may just pay you back for this by getting a ferret when he's in middle school. Think about it. A ferret. Ok, no, but I bet he's thinking this seals the deal for a sweet Christmas for him...I mean guilt presents can pile up right?! :) Happy shopping! (grab a caribou for me!)